Northeast Foundation for Children, Inc. is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization and is the sole source provider of the Responsive Classroom approach. For more information, please see: http://www.responsiveclassroom.org/

Thursday, March 17, 2011

What Keeps YOU Inspired?

In the throes of progress reports, parent conferences, state testing, and the flu season how are you being inspired? I have been asking myself this question a lot lately. I remember the facilitator at my RC session kept talking about staying inspired and inspiring students. It is that time of the year where routines have become old and the students are sick of modeling. So, how are you inspiring your students lately? How are you being inspired?

I have a students who has been struggling socially and academically all year. Today I stopped and reflected for a minute about my students. I realized how far she has come. She was my inspiration today! The growth she has made and the struggles she has overcome was a reminder to me why I teach. There are tough days where nothing seems to be going right but just remember you inspire students, parents, and colleagues! Keep up the great work teachers! Keep inspiring your little ones!! That is my encouraging blog for the month! :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the motivation, Heather! :) I really took the time this morning to think about how far my students have come. I know we want all of our kids to pass all of the standards and read at grade level, etc.;however, when I look back at where they were when they came into first grade I do see great growth. This time of year is so fun in first grade to see many of the students turning corners academically and socially. I will remember how far they have come instead of how far they have left to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, that's a great way to put it- how far they have come instead of how far they have to go! Awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete