Northeast Foundation for Children, Inc. is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization and is the sole source provider of the Responsive Classroom approach. For more information, please see: http://www.responsiveclassroom.org/

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Reflection on the Year with RC

With only one month of school left, I have been thinking back a lot on how this year went. I have been thinking about the things that worked well and things that I am going to change for next year. My goal was to really start up the year with RC and use as many components as I could fit in. I did use it a lot at the beginning of the year in developing our hopes and dreams, creating rules, talking about consequences and setting up the Take a Break chair. I feel that all of these activities were beneficial, and I am for sure going to use them next year. I remember feeling crunched for time at the beginning of the year and not knowing if I should take the time to do these activities. I have seen benefits throughout the year and have referred back to them. I also redid their hopes and dreams 2nd and 3rd quarter and I will do this again. I didn't get to it fourth quarter, so I will give that a try. I also did a lot of modeling this year which I will do again. I have been lucky with a very well behaved class this year, so I need to for sure look through the book and papers from this summer to gear up for next year since we will have such a different population. I would also like to learn more about the problem solving meetings that go along with RC. I will also continue my morning meeting with greetings and activities. I have noticed that I have become comfortable with a few greetings and activities and another goal I have is to expand the number of activities and greetings that I do next year. Any other suggestions of things I should implement next year? Thanks! :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a lot to think about, Laura! Be sure to also take time to just enjoy the summer. ;)

    ReplyDelete